PhD Student of Petroleum Engineering
Advisor: Dr. Mohammad Piri
Dept 3012, 1000 E. University Ave.
1020 E. Lewis Street
Laramie, WY 82071-2000 USA
2006-2010: B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
2008-2012: B.Sc., Industrial Engineering (System Analysis), Amirkabir University, Tehran, Iran
2010-2012: M.Sc., Drilling-Production Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran
1. Khishvand, M.; Khamehchi, E. Nonlinear Risk optimization Approach to Gas Lift Allocation Optimization, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. ACS Publication, 2012, 51 (6), pp 2637–2643
2. Khishvand, M.; Rasuli nokandeh, N. and Naseri, A. An Artificial Neural Network Approach to Predict Asphaltene Deposition Test Result. Journal of Fluid Phase Equilibria, Elsevier, Volume 329, Vol. 329, 2012, Pages 32–41.
3. Mahdi Khishvand et al. Toward reservoir oil viscosity correlation, Chemical Engineering Science Elsevier, 90 (2013) 53–68
4. Khishvand, M.; Khamehchi, E. and Rasuli nokandeh, N. Nonlinear Programming Approach to Gas Lift Allocation Optimization, J. of Energy Source, Part A. Accepted, 2011, In queue for publication.
5. Khishvand, M.; Naseri, A. and Sheikhloo, A. A Correlations Approach for Prediction of PVT Properties of Reservoir Oils. J. of Pet. Sci. & Tech. Accepted, 2010, In queue for publication.
6. Khishvand, M.; Sanaei, A.; Yousefi, H. and Naseri, A. A Novel Correlation Approach to Predict Gas Viscosity, Journal of Energy Source, Part A. Accepted, 2011, In queue for publication.
7. Khishvand, M. et al. A Review of SAGD-ISSLW. J. of Pet. Sci. & Tech., Accepted, 2011, In queue for publication.
8. Khishvand, M.; Khamehchi, E. Oil field production optimization by nonlinear programming and Monte Carlo simulation. 8th International Industrial Engineering Conference, Tehran, Iran.
Research Interests and Area of Specialization:
• Multiphase flow phenomena in porous media
• Enhanced oil recovery, Modeling and Experiment
• PVT and Reservoir rock properties
• Artificial Intelligence, Risk Analysis and Optimization
Current Research Project:
• Fluid flow investigation and visualization using Micro tomography
• Displacement physics in fractured porous media
• 2009-2011: Asphaltene Deposition Study, Research Institution of Petroleum Technology, Iran
• 2009-2011: PVT investigations for Iranian Oil Reservoirs, Research Institution of Petroleum Technology, Iran
• 2011-2012: Big Bore Well Design for Gas Condensate Well in South Pars Gas Field, Pars Oil & Gas Company, Iran.
• 2010-2012: Artificial Lift Selection (Based on MCDM) and Optimization for Esfandiar Oil Field, National Iranian Offshore oil Company.
• Designing Flat Rheology Drilling Mud for Deep Water Drilling, Amirkabir University
• Risk Analysis and optimization in oil industry
• 20111: Well Design and Optimization, DANA Drilling Co. , Iran
April, 2011-Sep, 2012: Drilling & Production Engineer, DANA Co. Tehran, Iran.
June, 2010: “Total Summer School”, Organized By Total Company, Paris, France.
2011-Present: “Drilling Programming for Esfandiar Oil Field”, Iranian Offshore Oil Company.