Iman Oraki Kohshour
2015 – 2019: PhD, Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming
2010 – 2013 Master of Science, Petroleum Engineering, University of Alaska Fairbanks
2006 – 2010 Bachelor of Science, Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum University of Tech
May 2014 – Dec 2014 Petroleum Engineer Intern, Baker Hughes Incorporated, Houston, USA.
Sept 2013 – May 2014 Research Assistant, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, USA.
Development of Unconventional Resources
April 2013 – Sept 2013 Reservoir Engineer, InPetro Technologies, Houston, USA.
Decline Curve Analysis and Reserve Estimation
May 2011 – Aug 2011 Reservoir Engineering Specialist Intern, BP Exploration, Anchorage, USA. Production Optimization, Vertical Lift Performance
Aug 2010 – Dec 2010 and Spring 2014 Teaching Assistant, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, USA.
Teaching Instructor for variety of courses such as Phase behavior, Reservoir Rock and Fluid Properties, Reservoir Simulation, and Reservoir Engineering
Aug 2010 – Feb 2013 Research Assistant, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, USA.
Geologic Modeling, Reservoir Characterization and Reservoir Simulation of Umiat
May 2008 – Sept 2008 Petroleum Engineer Intern, Research Institute of Petroleum Industry
Enhanced Oil Recovery, Reservoir Management
Aug 2009 – March 2010 Teaching Assistant, Petroleum University of Tech
Teaching Instructor for Physics, Partial Differential Equations, and Advanced Engineering Mathematics
Honors & Awards and Volunteering
o Judge, SPE Student Chapters Review, Society of Petroleum Engineers, 2016
o Awarded SPE STAR Fellowship Award, Annual Technical Conference & Exhibition, Houston, Texas, 2015.
o Co-chaired, Western Regional Meeting Continuing Education Committee, Society of petroleum Engineers.
o Awarded 3
place in the combined Bachelors and Masters Division, SPE West
Regional Student Paper Contest, Monterey, California, USA, April 2013.
o Ranked 1
place in Research Olympiad, Petroleum University of Tech, 2011.
o Ranked within top 1% students among 500,000 students in National College Entrance Examination, 2006.
o Awarded 4 year scholarship by National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), 2006-2010.
o Certified by ToastMaster International for “Presentation Skills”, Fairbanks, USA, 2011.
o Certified by SPE for “Best Presentation”, Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, Cross-Generational event, San Antonio, USA, 2012.
o Unconventional Resource Exploitation and Development o Enhanced Oil Recovery o Production Optimization o Geologic Modeling o Reservoir Characterization o Reservoir Engineering o Formation Damage o Completion Integrity o Communication o Presentation o Mentoring
Selected Paper Publications, Conference and Books
1) Baker Hughes Incorporated Monograph, May 2016: “Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources: Exploitation and Development (Emerging Trends and Technologies in Petroleum Engineering)”, Edited by Nathan Meehan and Usman Ahmed, co-author for two chapters “JewelSuite Reservoir Simulation Case Studies”, and “Rejuvenating Unconventional Resources.” by I, Oraki Kohshour, R, Kennedy, and U, Ahmed.
2) SPE Middle East Unconventional Gas Conference and Exhibition 2015, SPE paper 172954: “An Economic Model for Field-Wide Shale Gas Development in Saudi Arabia”, by M, Casey, S, Rajan, I, Oraki Kohshour, et al.
3) Journal of Unconventional Oil and Gas Resources, Volume 6, June 2014, page 4-27: “Integrated geologic modeling and reservoir simulation of Umiat: A Frozen Shallow Oil Accumulation in Petroleum Reserve of Alaska.” by Oraki Kohshour, Ahmadi, Hanks
4) SPE Western Regional & AAPG Pacific Section Joint Meeting 2013, SPE paper 165341: “Uncertainty Assessment in Geologic Modeling and Sensitivity Analysis of Static and Dynamic Models in Umiat: A Frozen Shallow Oil Accumulation in National Petroleum Reserve of Alaska.” by I, Oraki Kohshour, M. Ahmadi, C. Hanks.
5) Journal of Energy Sources, June 2012, page 1541-1549:
A Study on Key Influential Factors of Gas Reservoir’s Potential for Aqueous Phase Trapping.” by Mirzaei-Paiaman, K. Dalvand, I. Oraki Kohshour, et al.
6) European Association of Geoscientists & Engineers 2010 Conference, Russia:
Sand Control Study and Assessing Suitability of Installing Expandable Sand Screen (ESS) Comparison with IGP in Cased and Open-hole Wells in Mansouri Field” by I. Oraki
K ohshour, B. Habibnia, and H. Ghobadi
7) Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, ATCE 2016, Dubai, “Low-Salinity Waterflooding: A Macro- and Micro-Scale Experimental Investigation of Recovery and In-Situ Wettability at Reservoir Conditions”, M, Khishvand, I, Oraki Kohshour, et al.
8) Unconventional Resources Technology Conference, URTeC 2016, San Antonio, Texas: Examination of Water Management Challenges and Solutions in Shale Resource Development,- Could Waterless Fracturing Technologies Work? By Oraki Kohshour, et al.