Ph.D., Petroleum Engineering, University of Wyoming, GPA: 4/4.
M.Sc., King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM), Petroleum Engineering Department,
GPA: 3.66/4. (Dhahran, Saudi Arabia).
B.Sc., Petroleum Engineering, University of Khartoum, GPA: 8.01/10, first class. (Khartoum, Sudan)
AWARD RECEIVED AND MEMBERSHIP
- Schlumberger prize for the best academic performance in third year, GPA: 7.93/10.
- Schlumberger prize for the best academic performance in fourth year, GPA: 8.15/10.
- Best academic performance in fifth year, GPA: 8.01/10.
- Nominated to receive award of “Scientific Forum for students of engineering and computer.
- King Fhad Scholarship.
- Member of SPE (Society of Petroleum Engineering).
- Member of Tau Sigma National Honor Society.
- Halliburton-University of Wyoming Research Collaboration Project.
- Project; Development of a New Cost-Effective Polymer Gel for Water Control in Oil and Gas Wells, (No.AR-30-291), Saudi Aramco, King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology (KACST)
- Building Core-flooding setup; KFUPM, petroleum department.
- Sand Consolidation using environmentally friendly x-linked polymer. University of Khartoum, Sudanese Petroleum Corporation (Ministry of Petroleum, Sudan). Teaching and Research Assistant, University of Khartoum, Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Department (Khartoum, Sudan)
- Non-Newtonian multiphase flow in porous medium
- Pore network modeling multiphase flow in porous medium
- Chemical for water shut-off
- Rheology and kinetics polymers and emulsions
- Surfactants for enhance oil recovery
- Extensive laboratory training on:
- Helios Micro CT-Scanner, FEI
- Qemscan, FEI, Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- Laser Partial Size Analyzer
- Interfacial Tension (IFT); Spinning, pendent and sessile drop
- Core-flooding by (Coretest System, Inc.)
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry Analysis (DSC)
- Rheology (High Pressure Cell Rheometer)
- Microscope (Cold and Hot stage)
- Emulsified fluid preparation
- Petro-Energy E&D Petroleum Company in Baleela field.
- Oil Properties and drilling fluids properties lab faculty of engineering, University of Khartoum
- Familiar with most of Microsoft and Linux Operation systems
- Database usage & Programming: Matlab, Visual Basic, Pascal and C.
- Reservoir Simulation: Eclipse and MBAL Petroleum Experts package (IPM), CMG (Computer Modeling Group).
- Production Engineering: PROSPER and GAP Petroleum Experts package (IPM), PIPESIM (Schlumberger) and ESP-Wellflow.
- Well Testing: Ecrin (Kappa).
- Monte Carlo simulator.
- Aviso Fire, FEI.
PUBLICATIONS AND RECENT RESEARCH
PATENT IN PROGRESS
I. Hussein, A. Mohamed, A. Sultan, G. Al-Muntasheri, New Emulsified Polymeric Gel formulations for water shut-off applications. Submitted to The Office of Innovation (ARAMCO). April 2015.
A. Mohamed, A. Sultan, G. Al-Muntasheri , I. Hussein, DSC Investigation of the Gelation Kinetics of emulsified PAM/PEI System: Influence of different surfactants and retarders Investigation. Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry. Accepted, August 2015. DOI: 10.1007/s10973-015-4965-6
A. Mohamed, A. Sultan, G. Al-Muntasheri , I. Hussein, Screening of Emulsifiers for application in polymeric Gel formulations used in water shut-off applications, submitted to Journal of surfactants and detergents.
Ahmed, Q. A., Ibrahim, A., Salah, R., & Bakhit, A., (2010, January 1), Risk Analysis and Decision Making in Relative Permeability Modifier Water Shut-Off Treatment, SPE North Africa technical conference and exhibition held in Cairo, Egypt, DOI:10.2118/126845-MS.
A. Mohamed, A. Sultan, G. Al-Muntasheri , I. Hussein, DSC Investigation of the Gelation Kinetics of emulsified PAM/PEI System: Influence of different surfactants and retarders, 42nd NATAS conference held in Santa Fe, New Mexico. September,14-17, 2014.
I. Hussein, A. Mohamed, A. Sultan, G. Al-Muntasheri, Organoclay as emulsifier for Water in Oil Polymeric Gel formulations used in water shut-off applications, SPE Specialty Oilfield Chemicals I: Development, Applications, and Opportunities held in Al-khobar, Saudi Arabia. December 15, 2014.
A.S. Sultan, A. Mohamed, I. Hussein, Organoclay as Emulsifier for Water in Oil Polymeric Gel Formulations used in Conformance Control, EAGE Workshop on Well Injectivity & Productivity in Carbonates, held in Doha, Qatar. 30 March – 1 April 2015.